In the fall, we’ll offer three excellent courses:
- CWRT 305: Literary Magazine Publishing (in which students serve as editorial staffers on our national literary journal, Prism Review);
- CWRT 303: Advanced Fiction Writing, in which students immerse themselves in the craft of fiction (reading works by Bryan Washington, Sabrina Orah Mark, and Vanessa Hua); and
- CWRT 307: Special Topics class: FLASH: Fiction and Poetry.
- CWRT 309: Advanced Writing Workshop (focusing on students’ original works).
- CWRT 200: Life of the Artist (a new course that counts as SoLVE/La Verne Values).
- CWRT 204: Intro to Prose Writing (counts as LVWB/Writing 111): in this class, students will learn and apply academic research skills toward creative original works of fiction and non-fiction;
- CWRT 305: Literary Magazine Publishing;
- CWRT 303: Poetry Writing, in which students immerse themselves in the craft of writing poetry; and
For Junior majors and minors: we offer CWRT 390: Great Author Immersion, in which students choose a celebrated contemporary literary author, and both critically engage in and creatively write within the style of at least four of the author’s works.
For Senior minors and majors: we offer CWRT 499: Senior Project, in which students create their culminating creative theses through slow revision of their already-written creative works and through creations of new ones. We recommend students take this course in the fall of their senior year, especially those considering graduate school in creative writing.