The University of La Verne will offer two $25,000 scholarships in each of the six academic programs listed below with fourth year full-tuition in each of the featured performance areas for the 2019-2020 academic year. Scholarships are for incoming freshmen, international and transfer students only (must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0). Scholarships are renewable annually up to four years of undergraduate study based on the student’s academic progress and participation in their performance scholarship area. Students are strongly encouraged to apply for state and federal financial aid in addition to this scholarship. Scholarship winners will be announced by the end of March prior to fall semester. Two scholarships are available in each of the six areas of visual and performing arts:
|Art/Art History (any media)
Communications (video production)
Music (voice or instrument)
Theatre (performance or design)
- Complete and submit the following Performance Scholarship application material by midnight, December 16, 2018.
- Performance Scholarship Application
- Performance Scholarship Recommendation Form
- Area Specific Requirements
- Resume: Please prepare and submit your one-page resume detailing your work related to the performance scholarship area for which you are applying. Please email all resumes to: email@example.com.
- Complete all application materials for admission (apply via La Verne Application for Admission or the Common Application) and submit to the University of La Verne by December 16, 2018.
- Please note: The December ACT/SAT will be the last test date that will be honored to be reviewed for admission into the university for performance scholarship applicants.
- Applicants must be admitted to the university prior to Performance Scholarship Day.
- Admitted students will be invited to attend Performance Scholarship Day on February 16, 2019. (Out-of-area and international applicants who cannot attend Performance Scholarship Day will be interviewed by faculty on the telephone.)
- Applicants are encouraged to major, but must at least minor in the performance area.
- Applicants may only apply under one performance area.
- Recipients must enroll full-time at the University of La Verne and continuously attend while maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Follow directions for portfolio submission which are found under area specific requirements.
- Applicants are required to be fully admitted graduating high school seniors, eligible transfer students, or international students.
- Applications and paperwork received after December 16, 2018 will not be accepted.
Any combination of institutional gift (University of La Verne Scholarships, awards, and grants) cannot exceed the total of yearly cost of tuition and fees. The Performance Scholarship is considered a merit scholarship and as such may not be combined with any other university merit scholarships.