The program requires 27 consecutive months of academic and clinical coursework that will confer a Master’s degree (118 credit hours). This is a full-time professional program that will typically be scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every weekday and some weekends.
Professional Year I Didactic Coursework:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Genetics of Health and Disease
- Research and Evidence Based Medicine
- General Medicine
- Physical Assessment
- Applied Pharmacology
- Health, Medicine and Society
- Clinical Procedures
Required units for the didactic and clinical years.
Professional Year II Supervised Clinical Rotations
Supervised clinical rotations will be pre-arranged by the program in qualified clinical and hospital settings.
- Primary Care
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine Inpatient
- Obstetrics and Women’s Health
- Introduction to Medical Practice
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Master’s Project
- Comprehensive Review and Examination
Interested in becoming a Clinical Preceptor/ Affiliate?
If you are a solo practice, medical group, clinic or hospital interested in becoming a clinical preceptor and affiliate for the University of La Verne Physician Assistant Program please email the program director at: email@example.com