The goal of the assessment plan of the Mathematics Program is to provide faculty with on-going and meaningful information to help improve learning outcomes. The following assessment procedures are used:
- Senior Comprehensive Exams. A two-hour exam, based on a test developed by Kalamazoo College, is administered to every senior. A passing score must be achieved in order for the student to graduate.
- Senior Projects. Senior projects, culminating capstone experiences, are evaluated by a rubric for grading of individual students, and aggregated across students for program level assessment.
- Alumni Survey. Alumni are surveyed every five years for their feedback, academic, and employment status.
- Focus Groups. Focus groups are conducted periodically to assess opinions and needs of current students.
- Outside review. Every five years outside experts/colleagues are invited to examine the program review document and provide feedback and/or make recommendations